Re: console-* tools and debian-installer for Debian/*bsd

1) kbd-chooser

For NetBSD, the wsconsctl(8) command lets you change the keyboard
encoding. There may be a config file that lets you specify the default
encoding.

wsfontload(8) lets you load fonts.

You may read further documentations there:

  http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?wsconsctl+8+NetBSD-current
  http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?wsfontload+8+NetBSD-current

I would really like to help you more concretely for such tools, however i
have no more free time for this today. I hope it can go better in a few
weeks...

2) debian-installer

>From what i can say, grub (Woody version) can't load NetBSD 1.6. I
experienced it concretely :(

I will just quote the grub home page (http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/):

"We really need help by BSD hackers. Currently, almost nobody works for
BSD-based operating systems, such as FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD. So we
have critical problems in booting later versions of NetBSD and OpenBSD.
FreeBSD is not a big problem, because GRUB can boot it via /boot/loader
for now.

If you're willing to give help to us, please contact us."

Regards,

Xavier de Labouret