Re: Additional (replacement?) vendor-identification

> So. Right now, most of our stuff tests for 'Debian/NetBSD' being in uname
> -v (and 'Debian' only shows up there, and only on kernels patched to know
> what an osv / OS Vendor is).

Hello,

I don't understand this much. On my Debian/Linux system, uname doesn't
return anything about Debian, only Linux-specific stuff. I'm not aware
of any sysctl (on Linux) related to debian or other distribution. So why
should Debian/NetBSD be different from Debian/Linux in this?

(Excuse me if this question is stupid. I never tried Debian/NetBSD, I
only follow its development with interest, because I like Debian and
don't like Linux.)

Bye	Pavel