mount bsd partition

Hi All,

I'm newbie in BSD and trying to mount of FreeBSD partition (by FreeBSD 5.1 instaler, slice
editor) under unstable debian/linux and 2.6.0-test[5,9,11] kernel. The slices are detected as:

 hda: hda1 hda2 hda3 hda4
 hda1: <bsd: hda5 hda6 hda7 >

and this mount command fails:

mount -t ufs -o ro,ufstype=44bsd  /dev/hda5 /mnt
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda5,
       or too many mounted file systems

with record in dmesg:
ufs_read_super: bad magic number

It seems to be problem of different filesystem format. This is important for me,
I need it to transfer data between debian/linux and debian/freebsd and a possible
opposite way is closed. I'm using xfs filesystem for my home directory.

Second question.
I've a working installation of FreeBSD 5.1. How do I install the Debian/FreeBSD? The
install manuall reccomends use of crosshurd package (it's useless for me, I cannot
mount any BSD partition) or a second way with switch script, it doesn't work, it needs
the non-root partition unmounted but it use the utilities from the /usr/*bin/ directory.

The debian/linux is my production system so I can experiment with this only very carefully,
but the debian/FreeBSD is experimental for my and I can do with this everythink.

Thanks for any suggestions
FH