Re: Glibc-based Debian GNU/KNetBSD

On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 01:40:12PM -0500, Nathan Hawkins wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 03:45:15PM +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> > Please, how is threading implemented in the NetBSD (and FreeBSD) port
> > of Glibc?
>
> On the FreeBSD port, it uses linuxthreads. It isn't going to be good
> enough long term.
>
> The NetBSD port of glibc will probably do the same, at least initially.
> I'm not sure if it's that far along yet, though.

*shudder*

For the record, one of the major reasons for updating the netbsd kernel
sources to -current is to pull in the threading support that will be
released with 2.0 (some packages simply *will not* build with GNU pth as
pthreads).
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU NetBSD/i386 porter                                        : :' :