Re: iconv availability

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 03:08:02PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> iconv is part of glibc on Debian GNU/Linux. Is it available anywhere on
> Debian GNU/*BSD? I plan to use it in man-db and would like to know if
> I'm going to need special dependencies for the BSD ports.

I have libiconv ITP'ed and pending upload once there is a binary section
that can take it. This is the GNU iconv library (separate from the glibc
code), but as far as I can tell from reading the docs, the API is the same.
It seems relatively safe to assume that apart from a probable Build-Depend
on libiconv2-dev, it should more or less Just Work (tm).
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>