Re: glibc vs BSD libc

Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.mff.cuni.cz> schrieb am 23.01.03 19:14:41:

> To David Brownlee: I doubt NetBSD 1.0 binary could run against
> a NetBSD 1.6 libc. They don't care much about binary compatibility. You
> could not even run a statically linked 1.0 app without some COMPAT_
> option in the kernel, I think.

Like in many other OSes, NetBSD switched from a.out to ELF. This has the consequence that
You need to add some kind of compatibility mode to support both formats - be it switchable (like in NetBSD or Linux) or not.

Michael

Bequemer und billiger - SMS mit FreeMail verschicken! Mehr Information
unter: http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021147