Re: util-linux on freebsd-i386

Hi Nathan,

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:48:58AM -0500, Nathan Hawkins wrote:
> I now have a patch for util-linux on freebsd-i386. It is definitely not
> finished and ready to merge. There are some things that need work still,
> but I'd like to find out what it needs for netbsd before continuing.

I was going to install a Debian/FreeBSD to adapt my old util-linux port
to the Hurd again, and correct any issues found on the BSDs. It seems
you were faster :>

Ok, as the Hurd needs a considerable amount of changes to the upstream
src, and the upstream releases often (currently on 2.11x), I don't think
such changes will be integrated easily... so I think the right solution
is to speak with upstream directly and do such changes to the last
version. Then, once the package compiles fine on all arches, and a new
debian package is uploaded, send patches against the debian part.

We can work together with this if you want... what dou you think?

regards,
guillem

PS: there are a lot of linux specific programs that are tagged !freebsd in
  your patch, you could invert the logic.