re: ELF Note stuff

   I've been working on getting Bruno's work on the FreeBSD port of glibc
   running on NetBSD. One problem I've encountered is that once I move over
   to linking everything against glibc, I end up with binaries that have
   different contents in the ELF header. NetBSD checks for NetBSD specific
   content, and so fails to recognise these files as executable - in fact, if
   Linux emulation is compiled in it will then note that the binary is
   compiled with gcc and fall back to using Linux emulation with predictably
   entertaining consequences.

   This is easy enough to work around by adding an extra check in the NetBSD
   kernel code that identifies NetBSD binaries ("If it's not a standard
   NetBSD binary, does it seem to be a GNU one with a NetBSD ABI value?"),
   but I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing that upstream would accept.
   Is it worth generating headers that look like the NetBSD one instead?

i am unsure that "GNU/NetBSD" would be accepted back by the netbsd
project.  please brand the executables with a standard NetBSD note.
this link has all the details:

	http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/elf-notes.html