Re: dupload to archive

"Joel Baker" <lucifer@lightbearer.com> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 06:41:52PM +0000, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> > Any chance of an indices directory (preferably containing md5sums.gz)
> > and an ls-lR.gz, please? That way I can mirror this properly.
>
> Probably not, honestly - or at the very least, not until debarchiver does
> them by default, since that's what I have available to use.

You should be able to hack up a script to generate those files pretty
trivially. they both do what they say on the tin :)

> and SCP does not, AFAIK, allow for limiting an account to file-copies and
> disallowing shell access reliably (so I can't make an anonymous-upload
> account).

You want sftp. It does all the things you require, I think[1]

> I can't honestly imagine that the load is heavy enough that mirroring it
> would be a terribly useful excercise in the first place, but that's neither
> here nor there. I suppose you could try apt-move...

I want a local mirror for my own convenience (and for the other geeks
on this VPN).

Matthew

[1]OK, so as ssh maintainer I may be biased :)
--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."