Re: libc12 enters debian-bsd archive

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 11:36:22AM +1100, matthew green wrote:

> good warning.  i've trashed myself once updating netbsd with
> new /libexec/ld.elf_so :-)
>
>    Also present are the usual suspects from libc6 and libc6-dev, in their
>    NetBSD forms: rpcgen, gencat, zic, ldd, ld.so (and ld.elf_so), etc.
>
> FYI:
>
> ld.so is for a.out, so, unless you also install (eg) netbsd 1.4
> a.out compat libs (in /emul/aout/usr/lib), it's fairly useless.

So noted. I can purge it, if that's the concensus from folks; I did note
that it came from ld.aout_so, but wasn't sure if it was useful, so left it
in on the view that it didn't hurt.

Oh, the other bit I forgot to mention:

libc12 also provides zoneinfo and locale directories. It does *not*, at
this time, do prompting for setting up timezone stuff, or locale stuff;
it maybe probably should, but I haven't dug into libc6 and it's family
to figure out what we should be doing there, yet. But the data files are
there.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/