libc12 enters debian-bsd archive

The following packages can now be had from the archive on
debian-bsd.lightbearer.com:

    libc12
    libc12-dev
    libc12-dbg
    libc12-pic
    libc12-prof

The following libraries are provided (in /lib as dynamic libraries, and
the usual places for static, debug, pic, and profiling libraries):

    libc
    libm (+arch-dependant libm if relevant, ie libm387)
    libarch (if relevant; ie libi386)
    libcrypt
    libipsec
    libkvm
    libposix
    libresolv
    libutil

The following I18N libraries are also available under /usr/lib/i18n,
and follow the normal setup (though they do not appear to build PIC and
profiling libraries for some reason, which has a FIXME in the TODO list).

    libBIG5
    libEUC
    libEUCTW
    libISO2022
    libMSKanji
    libUTF8

Also present are the usual suspects from libc6 and libc6-dev, in their
NetBSD forms: rpcgen, gencat, zic, ldd, ld.so (and ld.elf_so), etc.

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

This package puts ld.so and ld.elf_so in /lib (where Policy requires it to
be), and provides symlinks from /libexec and /usr/libexec so that NetBSD
native apps (and Debian apps compiled prior to the as-yet-unsubmitted
patch for GCC) can still find them. This means that installing it MAY
SCREW UP YOUR DYNAMIC BINARIES. That means, among other things, that your
system may be unable to finish installing the packages, and require manual
intervention.

In theory, it should unpack /lib/ld* first, before putting the links into
the other two places, and as such, it *shouldn't* wreak too much havoc, but
I cannot guarantee that on all systems. Please make absolutely sure you
have a recovery method if things go wrong, before attempting to install
this package on a working system! Note that fresh installs should not have
any issue, however (that is, unpacking things with debootstrap once we
get it working), nor should upgrades of libc12 from this package to later
versions.

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Also note that if you have a copy of one of my hand-build libc12 packages,
this package is versioned *lower* than that (1.6+debian.1 < 12.83-0). Sorry
about that, but concensus was that we should use the release versioning
rather than the major/minor of libc. Do dpkg -i rather than -iEG.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/