Re: RETURNED EMAIL

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 10:48:25AM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Hi Alfred!
>
> You wrote:
>
> > > And could someone please submit the develop.nmdg.com server to as many
> > > RBL lists as you can ??
> > > The webform they have is even worse than formmail.pl.
> >
> > A simpler solution is just to ignore it.
>
> So, I presume that you don't get any spam?

Yes, we all get it, but RBLs are not a good solution, either.

Leaving the power of blocking your server on the hands of other people
is a Bad Thing (tm).

As an example, last week the CS department at the Helsinki University was
rejecting all mails coming from the Helsinki Univ. of Techn. because
they were trusting RBLs as the only method of rejecting suspicious mail.

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
web: www.hispalinux.es/~data/  |  pumuki.hispalinux.es
Please, encrypt mail sent to me:   GnuPG ID:  86946D69
FP: BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.20

This was to be my final hit, but let's be clear about this. There's final
hits and final hits. What kind was this to be?
		--Renton (Trainspotting)