Re: config.{sub,guess} and NetBSD

Joel Baker wrote:
On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 05:42:09PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 08:29:18PM -0600, Joel Baker wrote:

The only packages where this caused any great trouble were gcc and binutils, and that was fairly easily rectified.

Hmmm. GCC seems to be content as long as the triple output by
dpkg-architecture agrees with what config.guess is producing (because
things get put into a directory named by config.guess output, which is then
read by dpkg-architecture output rather than config.guess, which may well
be a bug).

Probably. I wish people would quit using dpkg --print-architecture in place of dpkg-architecture.

What other issues are there, and are they about to bite me in the ass?

There are a handful of packages that will need patching for your new config triple. (Beyond patching config.guess/.sub) Python and tcl will need it, IIRC. But these aren't really hard, just nuisense.

	---Nathan