Re: Booting

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 02:24:55AM +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> FreeBSD has a directory /boot too (in -STABLE it holds the stage 3 loader
> and its configuration, and in -CURRENT i believe the kernel(s) and
> modules have moved in there too). So it would seem sensible to make
> NetBSD follow the others. (Does NetBSD/i386 not use /usr/mdec any more?)

I've been using /boot for the boot loader, and /lib/modules for kernel
modules. At present, I have the boot loader packaged together with the kernel,
but that may change later.

AFAICS, on FreeBSD the paths for kernel, boot loader, modules, etc. are
customizable, so I see no reason not to use standard Debian locations.
They aren't really that different, and are pretty reasonable.