Re: ed SEGV

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 03:18:49AM +0000, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> "Joel Baker" <lucifer@lightbearer.com> writes:
>

> > It's apparently being caused by stack corruption... lord knows how THAT
> > is happening. Time to dig out the toolkit. Or rather, try to compile the
> > toolkit... (GDB should be up, now, for the record).
>
> I suspect Crap Code(TM). Or someone relying on a behaviour of glibc
> that isn't standard.

Except that the source is taken from FreeBSD's /usr/src tree...

However, GCC 2.95.4 compiled; I'm now going to back up my current tarball,
and do some test compiling with the new GCC to ensure that it works sanely,
then try ed under 2.95.4 to try to weed out compiler issues.
lucifer@lightbearer.com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/