Re: Able to put website on debian.org

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 04:01:22AM -0800, Michael Goetze wrote:
> Yup, looks good. I don't quite see why you don't want to move the tarball over,
> though... Speaking of which, how about an updated snapshot? I've got a long

Well, I didn't really want to take control of that away from Matthew
Garrett.
Of course, he could always email me a snapshot and I would put it on the
site,
if he wants. If that is OK with him, I will go ahead and move the
tarball over (or, ideally, put a newer tarball there instead ...
possibly in addition to the last one?), but I want to hear that from him
directly, so as not to offend him or usurp anything.

An updated tarball would be good, I agree :-)

Also, since all the feedback I've heard has been good, later tonight I
will probably commit the changes to the Debian website, along with
adding a link from the ports page. (But that won't be for several hours
still.) Right now I'll just put us in the non-Linux ports section of the
ports page, but when the other *BSD ports have made their pages, we
might be able to group them into a separate section. I should mention:
Michael Weber <michaelw@debian.org> also has read/write access to the
website,
so that he can put up some info about his work on Debian GNU/NetBSD for
Alpha.

> One thing that might be nice to have on the website is a kind of "Who's who" of
> Debian */*BSD, e.g. Matthew Garrett, our knight in shining armour, Andreas
> Schuldei, the poor guy struggling to do OpenBSD all by himself, Jimmy
> Kaplowitz, one of our official DDs and the guy taking care of the website, etc.
> Put me in as someone who has contributed nothing but idle chatter so far. :-)

That's a good suggestion, and after I finish getting the site moved
over, we can do that. Also, I'd suggest that some of you go to
http://cvs.debian.org/?cvsroot=webwml for instructions on checking out
the website anonymously, which will enable you to make patches for me to
apply to the cvs tree, with changes such as the above. The site uses WML
rather than pure HTML, which adds various nice features. Mostly you
don't have to worry about this, since HTML is still permissible, but go
to http://www.debian.org/devel/website for information on working on the
website.

We can't forget utsl, the guy trying to do FreeBSD all by himself,
either :-)

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org