Re: base-files

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 utsl@quic.net wrote:

> I believe it does support it, but it may not ship with it.

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 01:24:51PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> > Having looked into base-files, the only file that seems to be at issue in
> > any form is nsswitch.conf - so, in quick summary, does NetBSD:
> >
> > A) Use this file at all?

Yes, NetBSD supports it and it is available by default.
See nsswitch.conf(5) and etc.tgz set (for NetBSD).

> > B) Support the 'compat' entries (the only major difference between the
> >    tarball and the distributed file).

NetBSD's nsswitch.conf(5) has a "compat" source option; it's libc defaults
group and passwd databases to use "compat" source.

  Jeremy C. Reed
echo '9,J8HD,fDGG8B@?:536FC5=8@I;C5?@H5B0D@5GBIELD54DL>@8L?:5GDEJ8LDG1' |\
sed ss,s50EBsg | tr 0-M 'p.wBt SgiIlxmLhan:o,erDsduv/cyP'