Re: APT archive

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 07:07:28PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> I propose a more flexible scheme. All ports should have the
> name <kernel>-<architecture>,

Well, using the GNU names would be good.

Anyway, see

http://master.debian.org/~brinkmd/arch-handling.txt

> Note that kernel-headers should be linux-headers actually. :))
> Kernel-headers should be some meta package depending on the right
> headers for the right platform.

No, it shouldn't.  The kernel headers of the platforms don't do the same
job, so they should not be lumped together under a meta package at all.

Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de