Re: A web presence for debian-bsd?

This has come up a few times before. I am very sceptical of projects
that have a website before they have code. Next we are going to be
posting DebianBSD 0.0.1 to freshmeat. :)

That said, I personally have a backburner project to set up a web
server and a cvs repository at debianbsd.org. There are two projects
head of it though, which means the end of September is a likely
timeframe. They way I plan to build the website is to go through the
archives and at the same time as I am spinning up to precisely what
everyone has done, write it down for others to read.

Our own top level domain, for now, seems superior to being hosted of
debian.org. Many of the people doing a lot of the work have not yet
gone through the process of becoming Debian developers (though I am
thinking of doing that in the near future). We are not really official
yet, not really real.

These arguments aren't that coherent I suppose. People are always
welcome to run off and get stuff done over any objections the mailing
list has, since most of us are useless and at best talk about how we
might contribute in the future. But I think what I suggest is the best
thing to be doing.

tibbetts