Re: Bootstrapping Debian GNU/Linux distribution on SuperH

>> Hi there,
>>
>> As I've found that the kernel is reasonably stable, for these weeks,
>> I've been working bootstrapping Debian GNU/Linux on SuperH.
>>
>> I've followed Takeshi Yaegashi's work of April, and try to formalize
>> the procedure of building Debian from scratch by cross compiling.  My
>> goal is to build the environment where it can build Debian by itself
>> natively, for all possible SuperH targets, sh3, sh4, sh3b and sh4eb.
>>
>> I'd like to share my experience with those who work for Debian.
>>
>> Prerequisite: You have Debian GNU/Linux, i386-linux.  You have
>> development environment on that.  Note that you need
>> binutils-multiarch installed.

 Thanks for grate work :-)
 We should integrate these changes into Debian distribution tree.

 I have some a question.

 Debian have only binary-sh tree currently. It is contains binary for
SH3 little endien environment.

 But ABI level incompatibility does exist between SH3 binary and SH4
binary, so binary for SH3 can not run on SH4 binary environmet.
Of cause little endien and big endian incompatibility does exists.

 So, 4 separated binary arcitecture tree?

  binary-sh3, binary-sh4, binary-sh3eb and binary-sh4eb

 Is it true?

--
ISHIKAWA Mutsumi
 <ishikawa@linux.or.jp>, <ishikawa@debian.org>, <ishikawa@redhat.com>