Re: netbsd rc system

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 12:48:26PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> I don't understand how update-rc.d works, but if someone points me at
> man pages and the code I could have a look...

update-rc.d is part of the dpkg package, so you should be able to grab a
recent copy from ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dpkg/ . Packages
are supposed to copy their files into /etc/init.d and then run update-rc.d
in order to set up the symlinks in the /etc/rc?.d directories. Providing
packages' init scripts remain in /etc/init.d and don't need any changes
made to them, the rest of the init system can work in pretty much any way
we want.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org