Re: BSD libc or Glibc?

There are changes that would need to go in for utmp. Those affects sysvinit,
and the who program in the shellutils. Probably some other packages as well.

I had more problems with a handful of packages that were written for Debian,
because they assume that all of the libiberty functions are in the libc.

And there is the issue with ldd not working on shared libraries. This I found
on FreeBSD. I looked at the CVS for NetBSD, and it looks like it works
differently, so it's probably not affected.

There are three options:
	1. Get the needed functionality into the BSD libc.
	2. Patch the Debian package to not need it, or workaround.
	3. Port glibc.

I've been looking at glibc, and at this point, I'm in favour of the first two
options. Not because I think one libc or the other is better, but because it's
less work.