Re: BSD libc or Glibc?

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 03:41:46PM +1000, matthew green wrote:

> what did you have to change in utmp.h?

I had to add ut_id to struct utmp, which is an inittab Id required
for some sysvinit checks.

> that seems ... the wrong
> thing to do.

Actually, I understand this. But changing init on the system requires
some changes to that system :) Once I will at least compile everything,
I will post a whole list of the changes required, and we will discuss
it closer..

I would vote (and I insist on it) for leaving native libc for the reasons
you described. Most of the packages compile on NetBSD and FreeBSD
with any fiddling, so I see no need in a hard work porting a glibc.

--
Regards, Wartan.
"Computers are not intelligent. They only think they are."