Re: dpkg port

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 02:29:08PM +0200, Andreas Krennmair wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 10:28:52AM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > I've stuck a tarball of a skeleton Debian NetBSD system at
> > ftp://cavan.jesus.cam.ac.uk/pub/debian-netbsd for anyone who wants to to
> > play with. You should be able to untar it and then chroot. It's compiled
> Wow, this is just great! How did you that together so fast? I'm already
> interested in seeing the whole thing together with gcc, so that I can
> use this environment as development environment - my work on NetBSD is
> currently not very satisfying due to very strange behaviour of the
> things that I ported. :-/ But this is really "a small step for a developer,
> but a giant leap for Debian/BSD". :))

I've been using the dpkg patches posted here last month, and it's
currently summer vacation with my job not starting until next week :) I've
just got hold of a laptop, so once I've got Debian and NetBSD on it I'm
heading outside to some grass to hack on it in the sun...

libncurses is proving, erm, awkward. The build scripts are generating
libraries of the form libncurses.so rather than libncurses.so.5, which
confuses the deb scripts quite horribly. Strangely, this doesn't look like
it happens with the NetBSD port, so I'm going to go and play with this for
a while. Has anyone else had any joy in getting it built properly?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org