Re: vote

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 03:30:34PM -0400, Dan Papasian wrote:
> I sense that a lot of the need for this project is imagined;
> BSD tools have been upgraded and kept modern as well- and
> considering, especially in NetBSD, their proven robustness
> and portability, it seems almost backwards to be replacing
> the BSD toolset with the GNU toolset.
You don't want to start a flamewar, do you? :)

Anyway, the Debian utilities are usually assuming a GNU system, with
bash and all the GNU utilities with their "proprietary" extension
(proprietary in this context means not being in any standard; free
software defined like the FSF does can never be proprietary).

Regards,
Andreas Krennmair
--
Dem Aal ist alles egal