Re: Is it _really_ dead?

No No don't get me wrong... It's just that when
licenscing issues crop up on a discussion on the
merits and demerits of package management systems, it
smells suspiciously like the start of a flame fest
even though the original posters might not have ment
to flame.

We all know the "features" of both licensces and we
all have our preferences or not. But I for one would
love to see a Debian GNU/BSD (As in FreeBSD kernel
with GNU userland) distro and am quite willing to
help. I tried FreeBSD (It's the only BSD based os I've
tried so I can't comment on the other BSDs) and the
ports philosophy, and while the system worked great, I
still prefer apt-get and dpkg to ports (YOMD).

cheers,

-- Anant