Re: Is it _really_ dead?

> And I ask you:  Why?  Why would someone want to go through
> the trouble when the BSD ports tree is already there and tested?

One word: "upgrade"

Last I checked, simple things like "upgrading a package that has
dependencies" was no better than "rip everything out and then
reinstall what you upgraded"; nothing I've seen on the NetBSD side
seems to have gotten any better.  This is why I find this at all
interesting.  (It may be that the FreeBSD side is more real than the
NetBSD side, and if there's an equivalent to a dpkg upgrade for
either, by all means, please explain it to me...)