Re: No, pkzip

On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 10:00:37AM -0500, dan wrote:
> All I can remember is that it allows for description files to remain
> in the header of the file such that PLISTs and the such can be dealt
> with in a better manner..

Yep, zip supports per-archive (and per-file?) descriptions. I can't see
how this is particularly valuable though.

A .deb is an ar archive containing a control.tar.gz (debian control files)
and a data.tar.gz (actual package files). This seems to work pretty well,
and is easier to work with that Red Hat's weird rpm files.

Hamish