Re: Progres?

Clint Adams writes:
 > It sounds like you'd be perfectly happy with dpkg and apt
 > ported to FreeBSD and a bunch of non-base packages ported.

Why bother porting non-base packages, since FreeBSD has linux
emulation mode?

It seems to me that dpkg and apt are not compatible with BSD
ports.  What debian-bsd needs is a good packaging system, that
handles dependencies properly, dist-upgrade properly, etc.

Isn't this the whole reason for debian-bsd - a proper packaging
system?

And what a waste a bandwidth with all sorts of people running
cvsup from their cron.  Give me binary packages and apt upgrade.

--
Jeff Sheinberg  <jeffsh@erols.com>