Re: dpkg-1.4.1.4 port for FreeBSD

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Gary Kline wrote:

# 	Anyway, thanks for the port.  I'll be interested to see
# 	what the source looks like; I'm curious...

Extract the file I sent out, somewhere on your box.  I had it
in /tmp/dpkg/port, but you could just as easily put it anywhere.
I did it similar to the rpm port so you can put it in
/usr/ports/misc/dpkg if you really wanted it in the ports tree.

After you've done that type 'make configure' and you can see
the source without me having to send you 3/4M of data. :)  My
changes are in the patches directory.  Pretty easy, but didn't
build out of the box as someone else suggested it might.  The
two gotchas were the old ncurses in FreeBSD and the need for
getopt_long in one of the programs.

-steve