Re: The project

On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 03:23:16PM +0200, Per Lundberg wrote:
> I think this has to with the fact that most BSD people prefers to compile
> stuff themselves, which makes the package handling quite immature (esp .
> compared to Debian's, but you probably already know that. :)

I'd be interested to know what that is (that people prefer to compile
from source). I can't see the advantage myself, especially for large packages
like X and libc.

I spent quite a while today talking to a BSD fan I know about the
relative merits of BSD and Linux :-) I need to do some benchmarks to
get a good comparison. Sounds like FreeBSD 4.0 will have some nice
performance enhancements too.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).