Re: testing, testing

According to Darren O. Benham:
> I'm here...  I wonder if the archives are set up...
>
> On Mon, Jul 12, 1999 at 02:35:04PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> >

> >   Is anybody else out there??
> >
> >   gary, lurking  for the next few months... prob'ly.

	Okay, with Brent there are 3 of us so far.  How about
	Hamish?   What's the agenda?  Plans:: how about some
	concrete outline of what parts of Linux (or the outer,
	wrapper parts of Linux we'd like to port to BSD?

	Anybody have any thoughts on this?

	My aims are, briefly, to port all the Linux *drivers*
	to FreeBSD (or BSD).  This probably is possible; but
	is it worth the weeks of effort/driver?  And, considering
	all the substandard (crappy!) hardware, is this even
	wise?

	What other Linux-esque type ports make sense?  The STREAMS
	clone code, various filesystems (journaled, &c), and
	whatever else?  Libraries::  does it make any sense whatever
	to mess with glibc; merge the GNU libraries with the Berkeley
	libs?

	As I said before,  this seems like a super Project; but also
	mega-huge....

	Feedback?

	gary

--