Re: Progres?

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 06:56:53PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> On 99-10-26 Clint Adams wrote:
> > > We are mostly trying to create a better package system for FreeBSD in
> > > combination with the other good aspects of Debian. If I seem to recall
> > > the discussion at the beginn correctly.
>
> > What are "the other good aspects"?
>
> Good preconfiguration.

This is the thing I noticed most when I installed FreeBSD. Almost
none of the software is configured for you during installation -- not
even sendmail, which is dumped on you by default.

I installed the exim port, but it didn't remove sendmail, so the install
didn't work. Not very helpful. I don't think I've booted it up since.
Too happy with debian gnu/linux.

Hamish