Re: The project

According to Hamish Moffatt:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 1999 at 02:39:15PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> > 	If the Core members of FreeBSD would agree to fully
> > 	integrate the best of GNU into our BSD, that would be
> > 	outstanding.
>
> Perhaps, but I think there are many BSD users who would not be impressed
> with a GNU invasion of the BSD userspace.

	Yeah, but what's particularly funny here is that a good
	chunk of BSD relies | defaults to things-GNU. gcc, g++,
	RCS, ispell, and on and on and on.

	We don't have to *force* the issue.  If John Q. User wants
	the best user-side suites he'll use dpkg (or ports or whatever)
	to install it.   He __already does_: just look at the
	available ports.  I don't see it as much of an invasion, :-)

	gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix