Re: dpkg-1.4.1.4 port for FreeBSD

According to Steve Price:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Gary Kline wrote:
>
> # 	Anyway, thanks for the port.  I'll be interested to see
> # 	what the source looks like; I'm curious...
>
> Extract the file I sent out, somewhere on your box.  I had it
> in /tmp/dpkg/port, but you could just as easily put it anywhere.
> I did it similar to the rpm port so you can put it in
> /usr/ports/misc/dpkg if you really wanted it in the ports tree.
>
> After you've done that type 'make configure' and you can see
> the source without me having to send you 3/4M of data. :)  My
> changes are in the patches directory.  Pretty easy, but didn't
> build out of the box as someone else suggested it might.  The
> two gotchas were the old ncurses in FreeBSD and the need for
> getopt_long in one of the programs.

	Red flag.  I've run into miseries with ncurses (and some
	signal-generation code that I ported).  I hope you've
	solved that problem here.  My wall has enough dents from my
	head, :-)

	The getopt_long stuff ought to be straightforward enough.

	gary

--
   Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service Unix