Re: migrating grub from BIOS to UEFI loses /etc/default/grub

Am Dienstag, dem 28.05.2024 um 00:16 +0200 schrieb Pascal Hambourg:
> - Remove /etc/default/grub only if it is associated with the package
> being purged in ucf.
>
> - Do not remove /etc/default/grub when purging package-<target>
> because
> it is used by grub-install and update-grub which belong to grub2-
> common;
> only remove it from ucf registry if it is associated with the package
> being purged.

I did now a MR for this:

https://salsa.debian.org/grub-team/grub/-/merge_requests/62

> Also, it appears that grub-pc.postrm purge optionally removes files
> in
> /boot/grub which may have been installed for other grub targets
> (grub.cfg, fonts, locales, device.map, grubenv, background image
> cache).
> My opinion is that postrm should not touch /boot/grub at all. After
> all,
> it does not remove GRUB boot image and core image nor EFI partition
> contents.
>
> Grub-team people, any comments ?

d-boot is actually the wrong mailing list to discuss grub.
Despite its name it's mostly for debian-installer.
I don't know if the others are even subscribed to d-boot.

/boot/grub for grub-pc is only purged if debconf has
grub-pc/postrm_purge_boot_grub == true

But I don't know the reason why unicode.pf2 is purged for grub-efi-
{amd64,i386}