Re: DD application (Re: Next attempt to add Blends to Debian installer)

On Fri, 2024-05-10 at 09:31 +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:
> My problem with this:
> am I really capable of being a DD? You might remember that I am not a
> programmer, I have no real skills in this direction.
> I can do some scripting, gained by self-learning, but that does not make
> a programmer of me IMO ;-)
> So I am unsure if I can successfully go the apply-for-DD path...
> I fear I lack some basic knowledge for this.
> Don't want to waste my and the application manager's time and effort for
> something, that does not lead to anything at the end.

You don't need to be a professional programmer to become a DD. It's more
important to be passionate about Debian and free software and a dedicated
contributor to both. Also, being a good community member is essential.

And that all definitely applies to you. I would support your DD application!

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer