Re: tasksel_3.74_source.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Hi,

Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org> (2024-01-27):
> [ Arnaud Rebillout ]
> * Fix task ordering, and make 'apt install' more deterministic.

That's probably a good idea but seeing how standard that's always been
at the very bottom suddenly pops up at the very top, I think it would
have warranted a slightly more verbose changelog entry…

(See also the length of some commit messages and the “subtleties”
mentioned there, one being about standard specifically…)

Besides, I'm very much not sure it's a good idea to have standard be
listed first. I'd expect people to want to turn desktop environment
on/off, and be accustomed to have that first. Do we really want to break
finger memory? Being able to disable standard to save a little space has
never looked like a bad idea to me, but having that be the first entry
on that list feels very weird.

Cheers,