Re: Debian installer can't install Debian testing in VirtualBox when EFI enabled

[ re-adding the CC to debian-boot, and without attachments ]

On Thu, Apr 20, 2023 at 12:31:02AM +0800, Licheng Hsu wrote:
>Hi
>
>When I enable EFI in VirtualBox
>
>Screenshot from 2023-04-20 00-17-17.png
>and try to install Debian testing, it just... well, the video attached may
>explain something.

Thanks, it does. It seems there's a problem with video setup and it's
not starting X. What options do you have under Display?

If you start with "Install" rather than "Graphical Install" then that
should work for now.

>Sorry, I'm just a regular user and don't know how to report problem I
>encountered.

That's fine! Thanks for helping to debug this. :-)

"Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works
 anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped."
   -― Andy Weir, "The Martian"