回复:Re: Bootaa64.efi and grubaa.efi are missing from the folder EFI/boot in EFI partition

> ----- 原始邮件 -----

发件人:Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>

收件人:gugudu <gugudu@sina.com>

抄送人:debian-boot <debian-boot@lists.debian.org>

主题:Re: Bootaa64.efi and grubaa.efi are missing from the folder EFI/boot in EFI partition

日期:2023年03月10日 05点26分

On Sun, Mar 05, 2023 at 04:02:04PM +0800, gugudu wrote:

>Hello, Developers.

>I installed Debian 12 BooksWorm on KunPeng(鲲鹏) / Phytium(飞腾)'s

>computer. These PCs are based on the ARM64 UEFI platform. After restarting,

>UEFI can't find Debian's EFI boot file, and GRUB can't boot. These UEFI

>firmware are made by Kunlun Tech(昆仑太科) or Byo software(百敖软件). After

>Debian operating system is installed, I found that bootaa64.efi and grubaa.efi

>are missing from the folder EFI/boot in the EFI partition of the hard disk. If

>you try to repair the boot, you need to copy shimaa64.efi and grubaa.efi in EFI

>/debian to EFI/boot. Rename EFI/boot/shimaa64.efi to EFI/boot/bootaa64.efi.

># cp EFI/debian/shimaa64.efi EFI/boot/bootaa64.efi

># cp EFI/debian/grubaa64.efi EFI/boot/grubaa64.efi

It sounds like your firmware does not support setting of EFI boot

variables. Fully functional firmware should *not* need files in the

removable media path (EFI/boot like that). See

https://wiki.debian.org/UEFI#Force_grub-efi_installation_to_the_removable_media_path

for more information, and the correct way to work around this issue in

your firmware.

--

Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. steve@einval.com

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'

as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead

Thank you very much for your reply.
The UEFI section of the Debian wiki answers my questions in detail,
and I have translated the UEFI and GRUB sections about the boot entries into Chinese.
I hope this will help more Debian users.
https://my.oschina.net/chipo/blog/8559560