debian bookworm install

I got an install done and when I hit enter to reboot the system I heard
grub beep and then heard nothing else.  I ought to have heard espeak and
orca starting up or with this standard installation only I ought to have
heard espeak come up talking.  That didn't happen.  So I powered off the
system and turned the system on again then heard the grub beep and the
screen reader came up talking.  That reboot may be a soft reboot rather
than a hard reboot and I think that's what caused this problem.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.