Re: Bootaa64.efi and grubaa.efi are missing from the folder EFI/boot in EFI partition

On Sun, Mar 05, 2023 at 04:02:04PM +0800, gugudu wrote:
>Hello, Developers.
>I installed Debian 12 BooksWorm on KunPeng(鲲鹏) / Phytium(飞腾)'s
>computer. These PCs are based on the ARM64 UEFI platform. After restarting,
>UEFI can't find Debian's EFI boot file, and GRUB can't boot. These UEFI
>firmware are made by Kunlun Tech(昆仑太科) or Byo software(百敖软件). After
>Debian operating system is installed, I found that bootaa64.efi and grubaa.efi
>are missing from the folder EFI/boot in the EFI partition of the hard disk. If
>you try to repair the boot, you need to copy shimaa64.efi and grubaa.efi in EFI
>/debian to EFI/boot. Rename EFI/boot/shimaa64.efi to EFI/boot/bootaa64.efi.
># cp EFI/debian/shimaa64.efi EFI/boot/bootaa64.efi
># cp EFI/debian/grubaa64.efi EFI/boot/grubaa64.efi

It sounds like your firmware does not support setting of EFI boot
variables. Fully functional firmware should *not* need files in the
removable media path (EFI/boot like that). See

  https://wiki.debian.org/UEFI#Force_grub-efi_installation_to_the_removable_media_path

for more information, and the correct way to work around this issue in
your firmware.

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead