Re: Review for the non-free-firmware template in apt-setup

Philip Hands wrote:
>>>      Some non-free firmware has been made to work with Debian. Though this
>>
>> The phrasing "made to work with" has always struck me as poor, since
>> there are two obvious misinterpretations - "created in order to work
>> on" or "forced to work on" Debian.  All we mean is things are
>> organised so that it's made *available* for use on Debian.  But is
>> there a better short way of saying that?  At any rate I don't think
>> it's worth slowing down this update.
>
> How about "packaged alongside"?
>
>         Some non-free firmware has been packaged alongside Debian. Though this
> [...]

That's is a more straightforward way of saying it if our audience is
already familiar with all the terminology of developers "packaging"
software for distributions, but the existing phrasing seems to be
going to some lengths to avoid that jargon.  If we're going to change
that then the whole thing would need to be rethought.