Re: Mounting EFI partition: default to `uid=0,gid=0`

Hi,

I will look into this setting. Thanks for pointing this out.

Now, to rewind to the original question, because my use case distracts from my question:

I noticed that the mount-configuration in `/etc/fstab`, by default, relies on an *implicit* assumption for the ownership of the ESP to /boot/efi, i.e.  'root' (uid 0) only because it is executed as part of the boot process.

Is this intentional? (i.e. was this considered?)

I am guessing the answer is 'yes', given that you immediately skip this and focus on pointing out my actions which helped to discover this assumption/implicit behavior. I will consider my question answered then.

Kind regards,
Danny