Re: installation-guide: MS-DOS and Windows

On 06/08/2023 at 17:07, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Sun, Aug 06, 2023 at 12:15:35PM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
For example, it's still valid to call DOS partition labels
by their original name as by contrast newer hardware uses GPT partition labels, for example. Calling
the old DOS partioning scheme "Windows partitioning" would not be correct.

Don't most partition tools call it MBR vs GPT partition tables?  I suppose
some of them still call it DOS partitions.

util-linux fdisk/cfdisk/sfdisk call it "dos".
parted and d-i/partman call it "msdos".
gdisk and gnome-disks call it "MBR".

So I usually call it DOS/MBR for clarity.