Re: Proposal: change Japanese font for GUI installer

On Tue, 4 Jul 2023 03:09:05 +0200
Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Kentaro HAYASHI <kenhys@xdump.org> (2023-06-30):
> > To solve this issue, I've tried the following steps.
> >
> > Step 1: Bundle MotoyaLCedar (MTLc3m.ttf) for fonts-android-udeb.
> >        MTLc3m.ttf itself is included fonts-android source archive,
> >        but not shipped as a udeb yet.

As mentioned https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1037256#10,
making fonts-motoya-l-cedar-udeb and using it may be better
instead of changing fonts-android-udeb itself.

> I'm interested in fixing this issue but before doing so, I'd like us to
> take some time to investigate the increased memory pressure we've seen
> between Debian 11 and Debian 12, leading to situations where the OOMK
> kicks in.

Thanks, as I'm not familiar with d-i internals well, I hope
PoC patch will be revised appropriately by expert.