Re: dosfstools for EFI partition?

Hi,

Richard Hector <richard@walnut.gen.nz> (2023-05-14):
> Hopefully this is the right, or close enough, place ...
>
> Given that EFI is common, should dosfstools now be a standard package,
> so that we can fsck the partition when required?
>
> Happy to file as a bug, if I know what to file it against.

I'm not familiar with the whole machinery but at least one component
looks like it was meant to do the job:
  https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/partman-basicfilesystems/-/blob/master/finish.d/aptinstall_basicfilesystems#L37-39

Whether any of this works remains to be confirmed; if that code is still
active, it might just need to be taught about some EFI-specific case.

I'd file a bug report there if I were you, thanks already.

Cheers,