[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Translation updates for grub-installer


Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote (Thu, 11 May 2023 00:40:40 +0100):
> Here's a big set of extra translations...


> From: Kevin Scannell <kscanne@gmail.com>
> To: Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>
> Cc: Irish <gaeilge-gnulinux@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: grub-installer 1.189: Please update debconf PO translation for the package grub-installer
> Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 06:41:56 -0500
> Hi Steve,
>   Translated file attached.
> Best regards
> Kevin

Here I see, that a call for translation update was sent to previous translators
for the grub-installer package.
Maybe this happened in a semi-automated way together with a package upload
or similar, but for packages under the hood of debian-installer it does not
make sense, to sent such calls, at least not in this form quoted above:
If such a call is sent, it should point to the "master po files" in the
d-i repo:
and not to the po files of the individual packages. The master po files are
the only files, where translators should work on!!!
Maybe some workflow has to be adapted somewhere, to avoid such calls?

Sorry for the noise, if you are already aware of this :-)

Now acting on the po files itself:
General: the files sent are all outdated english-wise; they have 55 strings
in summary, while the recent ones have 59 strings.

The Irish, Hungarian and Latvian files are ok so far, I have included the
translations into the master po files by hand. But since the sent files are
outdated, we still will not have 100% translated for those languages.

The (two) files for Serbian were not used, because sr already had a 
translation status of 100%, so translator's time has been wasted (sadly!),
but nothing else happens. 

The file for Bosnian is mostly corrupt, nearly nothing of it can be used
without doubt.

The Persian file (fa) does not have any content we could use.
It does not have the new strings which were added recently to grub-installer.
So no benefit for Persian.

@kibi: I plan to hold back uploads for these translation changings until
RC3 is out. (We also have a big bunch of changings received via Weblate,
so there will be a mass of uploads again, but I plan that for RC4.)
Thus, ready for RC3 from my side.


Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076

Reply to: