Re: Report on bookworm alpha 2 installer: wl wifi driver not found

Hi raph,

raph <debian@marvie.eu> (2023-02-25):
> First, thanks a lot to all of you :)
>
> I have installed with success bookworm on two machines (scratch
> installation using the DI alpha 2):
> - lenovo ideapad 120S
> - macbook air 13" 2011 (MacBookAir 4,2 1.0) w/ brcm43xx

Great news, thanks for sharing.

> On a macbook air 11" 2015 (MacBookAir 7,1 1.0), currently running buster
> with the wl driver, the network step of configuration failed. And I dit
> not found the wl driver in the provided list to pick a driver from.
>
> Is this an expected behavior (for example due to legal issues)?
> Should this be a bug report?
> Is there anything I can do to help?

It'd be great to attach /var/log/syslog (possibly gzipped) from the
installer environment, so that we have a chance of tracking this down.

Are you sure that was about the driver (kernel module) rather than about
firmware? Any chance you could let us know what your buster installation
is reporting? (e.g. output of `lsmod` and `dpkg -l|grep firmware`).

Cheers,