Re: Install system problem.

On Tue, Nov 08, 2022 at 11:03:08AM +0100, Erik V wrote:

Hi Erik,

> I have a laptop.
> The installation no longer recognizes my internet.
> Not even my wireless.

What's the model - has it previously been running Debian successfully?

> The problem in not in GNU/Debian buster CD but in netinst CD for
> amd64/intel64 and debian testing xfce cd

*Which* netinst CD - I would suggest you try at least:
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/11.5.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-11.5.0-amd64-netinst.iso

or the corresponding firmware DVD at:
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/11.5.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-dvd/firmware-11.5.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso

Debian is no longer producing an xfce full desktop on CD as one image -
the image got too big for one CD size and was dropped some time ago.

> Is this a kernel problem?

More likely than not to be a missing firmware problem therefore my advice
to use the firmware image explicitly.

> Display
> product: RV635/M86 [Mobility Radeon HD 3650]
> vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
>
> Network
> product: 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection
> vendor: Intel Corporation

> product: PRO/Wireless 5100 AGN [Shiloh] Network Connection
> vendor: Intel Corporation
>

> Drivers must be installing
>
> For display : firmware-amd-graphics_20210818-1_all.deb
> For Internet : ?
> FOR wireless : firmware-iwlwifi_20210818-1_all.deb

If you look in /lib/firmware - what do you find?

> Kind regards,
> Erik

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater